Aqualink not recognizing Aquarite

Feb 8, 2018
Dallas
I just replaced the controller board on my Aqualink (old controller board was J and had issues with my spa-side switch, replacement is MM and runs the switch correctly). After the swap, the Aqualink does not seem to recognize the Aquarite and the Aquarite "remotely controlled" LED is not lit. I connected the RS485 and even tried a new wire - no difference. I also tried setting the Aquarite to AL-5 and power cycling, still does not recognize it.

Thanks

Update: after contacting Zodiac/Jandy, I've been told revision L or newer is not compatible with an Aquarite and I'd need to either disconnect (warning about frying the PCB) or downgrade back to revision J (I,J,K were supposedly compatible).

I saw mention of setting the Aquarite to AL-5 to emulate an Aquapure, but that did not work for me, possibly because I tried it after first trying the default of AL-0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.