Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink not recognizing Aquarite

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink not recognizing Aquarite

I just replaced the controller board on my Aqualink (old controller board was J and had issues with my spa-side switch, replacement is MM and runs the switch correctly). After the swap, the Aqualink does not seem to recognize the Aquarite and the Aquarite "remotely controlled" LED is not lit. I connected the RS485 and even tried a new wire - no difference. I also tried setting the Aquarite to AL-5 and power cycling, still does not recognize it.

Thanks
    12,500 gallons, saltwater/SWG Aquarite T-9, PebbleTec, Aqualink RS-4, Hayward DE filter, built 2000, spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualink not recognizing Aquarite

Update: after contacting Zodiac/Jandy, I've been told revision L or newer is not compatible with an Aquarite and I'd need to either disconnect (warning about frying the PCB) or downgrade back to revision J (I,J,K were supposedly compatible).

I saw mention of setting the Aquarite to AL-5 to emulate an Aquapure, but that did not work for me, possibly because I tried it after first trying the default of AL-0.
    12,500 gallons, saltwater/SWG Aquarite T-9, PebbleTec, Aqualink RS-4, Hayward DE filter, built 2000, spa

3. Back To Top    #3

Hacker, I'm glad you got all 4 buttons working on the spa side switch!

My inclination on your original post was that the new problem was a rev issue, but I have no experience with the Aquarite. I'm curious about your next steps.
    18Kgal play pool+spillover spa, Tahoe Blue Quartzscape refurb June 2017, ~40'x15'
    1.5HP VS JeP, CCP420 cartridge filter, Sta-Rite 400HD, 1.0HP VS JeP for sheer descents
    Caretaker 5-port in-floor system, AP1400 SWCG, Aqualink: RS-8 Combo, iQ20, One-Touch
    K-1005, K-1515 FAS-DPD, K-1766, Taylor 9056 comparator, SpeedStir!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Dodger - for now I plan to live with manual control of my Aquarite until I find a rev I, J or K Aqualink replacement board. L or newer appears to be a no-go for an Aquarite SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Ebay seems to have some of i, j and k.

aqualink (i,j,k) | eBay
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

6. Back To Top    #6

Closing the thread - I was able to get a JJ chip and install it on the board. All working, Aquarite, spa switch, indoor controller.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

This information has just come to me. At first it was thought that Jandy started locking out SWGs with Rev T. Well, on the 52 pin chip, they did it for Rev M, MM, and MMM.
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, OneTouch, Chlorinator Translator, & AquaRite Rev 1.3