Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sub list from other San Diego OBs

1. Back To Top    #1

Sub list from other San Diego OBs

Finally got my backyard demo done. Have pool escavator lined up, but not much after that. Could you use some recommendations if there are any fellow San Diegans with some leads. Thanks in advance!
    OB 37x17 geometrical pool 4-6.5 depth. with attached 7x7 raised spa. 13x7 Baja shelf. 39x2 raised wall with 3 shear descent water features. Stonescapes Aquablue minipebble with iridescent glass beads. Pentair variable speed pump, whisperflo pump, 400k heater, saltwater system, EasyTouch 8. Still need to finish: 2 fire bowls, landscaping, bbq, fireplace and pavilion.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sub list from other San Diego OBs

No sub help from me but I can give you a bump to get some more eyes on this.

You did a LOT of work just getting those trees, grass, and concrete out! Where you able to give the trees to new homes or did you just dig and yank them out? All of the pretty grass that was a labor of love and $$ for the water I bet!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the bump! Yeah, we Ripped out 1200sqft of steel reinforced concrete, 8 queen palms, 4 pigmy date palms, 2 giant birds of paradise, 10 birds of paradise and 400sqft of sod...it was a bummer, but excited for the future. Going with more of a desert landscape...ocotillos, palo verde and succulents etc
    OB 37x17 geometrical pool 4-6.5 depth. with attached 7x7 raised spa. 13x7 Baja shelf. 39x2 raised wall with 3 shear descent water features. Stonescapes Aquablue minipebble with iridescent glass beads. Pentair variable speed pump, whisperflo pump, 400k heater, saltwater system, EasyTouch 8. Still need to finish: 2 fire bowls, landscaping, bbq, fireplace and pavilion.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bueller! Bueller! Anyone? Bueller! Lol... Thanks anyways

5. Back To Top    #5

I tried Most of our OB with sub lists have been in the Las Vegas area.

Here is my next idea.....drive around and find a pool that is being built. Go talk to the workers. Look at their work. Is it any good? Ask for their card AND ask who they would have do the dig for THEIR pool or the plumbing or the gunite, etc. I call this pulling stings. After a while the same names will start coming up. Might be NOPE on them doing work or it might be "this is the one" to do the work. Once you find one sub you like and trust the rest may fall into place!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Kim!

7. Back To Top    #7

Have you asked your excavator if they know anyone? Usually they will have a referral for someone? Call steel / rebar supply businesses and ask if they have anyone that gets their supplies from them? google Steel fabricator san diego start calling. same with pool plumber etc... good luck
    Pool: IG, 590sq ft, Tahoe Blue pebble finish, Pentair 160332 Cartridge Filter, 3 Pentair 3HP VS pumps. Pentair IC60 SWG, Pentair HD Heater, Solar to be added later. Currently being built (will finish Summer 2018). Accessories: Grotto/Cave, grotto slide, rock wall with waterfalls and fire feature, 1 LED bubblers, 4 Luminars, Aeromist foggers, 5 Color Changing 5G LED lights, Intellitouch Automation.