Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: problem with pump

1. Back To Top    #1

problem with pump

We purchased a Jacuzzie pool pump from Leslie pools in Oct 2017. Since then my bill had increased by $250 a month. Found out my husband is setting it on high because the inflow is almost nil unless on high. I have contacted Leslies to come out and check the pump. They did install it. I was not aware it was so new and may not be the best pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: problem with pump

Welcome to the forum!

Once Leslie's comes out come back here and let us know the issues. If you have any questions, post them up here.

We could use more information if you wish us to help you. A signature really helps - see Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: problem with pump

rb,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers all your "Why can't my husband do anything right?" questions...

If you can, tell us if your new pump is a two speed or VS pump.. If a VS pump, what speed is it set to run on "high"?

If you can, please post the P/N of your new pump...

What HP was the original pump? Was it a single speed pump?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.