Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Robot for New Pebble

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Robot for New Pebble

Hi TFP!
    Got 2 questions:
    A little backstory: Resurfaced my 11000gal pool with mini-pebble last fall. Just had our first big wind/dust/sand storm where we live in Palm Springs desert and just finished vacuuming.

We have a wonderful In-floor pop-up cleaning system that works great for fine-loose dust, but discovered my old post-storm manual vacuum routine doesn’t pick up what it used to on my old smooth plaster finish. I bought a brush-vacuum head and it brushes but doesn’t suck up as much. Have a old suction cleaner, but do not want another cleaner we leave in pool.

1) - What robot do y’all recommend for digging into the mini-pebble?

2) Can robots clean a large 8’ 1500 gallon spa?!?

-Seems like there’s a push for Doheny’s Discovery unit, but I need an easy drop in, quick clean for my type of dirt. Want it to possibly reach shelf AND water line tile.
    - We have desert landscape and no trees and have no issue with large leaves, just fine dirt/sand and palm tree strands.

Thanks!

Kevin has a: 11000 gal. IG Gunite Caribbean Blue mini-pebble, 7’x5’ pool shelf, Free-form 32’x14’x6’ pool +1000 gal. IG Spillover Spa. Chlorine. Built: 1987, Reno: 2017 . Features: Hayward Tristar SP3200VSP pump, Raypak 266k NG Elec heater, Pentair C&C+ cartridge filter, 1Hp Starite spa pump, Venturi Jets, In Floor Cleaner: A&A valve w/ Turboclean refit w/A&A QC1 heads, Auto-fill leveler, Bulbwizard LED lights.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Robot for New Pebble

Hey there KD..... many of us here have been very pleased with all the Maytronics robots, they seem to set a high standard. Many others are good too, but I'm only familiar with the Dolphin Discovery.

The robot has good suction which picks up sand and fine debris. 2-3 brushes also help in that. Mine does brush the wall and go up the wall and brush the waterline.

No robot I'm aware of will do stairs above a certain point as the robots are propelled by the water jet within. So once they come out of the water on stairs too far, they just crawl back down again.

Pebble finishes are no problem for most robots I'm aware of.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard