Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot returns to the same step

1. Back To Top    #1

Robot returns to the same step

Question...my pool robot keeps winding up in on the same step of the pool every day. Is it broke or?
    Dig 4/12/17, Gunite 4/19/17, Deck Installed 5/2/17, Plaster 6/12/17
    13,000 gallon, 24 x 19 rectangular pool/spa, platinum quartz plaster, travertine deck with raised beam in sloped yard. Polaris 3900 Complete, Jandy vsp 2.7hp, Jandy JX1400 Natural Heater, Jandy PDA PS6 (Pool/Spa), TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robot returns to the same step

nate,

Do you have the Polaris 3900 or a robot?? The 3900 is a pressure side cleaner and not what is considered a Robot..

I only ask so that you will get better answers...

In either case, my question would be, does it just stay on the stairs or does it go out and clean the pool and then "magically" come back to the same place?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

You are correct. It is a 3900(not a robot). Essentially I'll put it on the other side of the pool and gets stuck on the stairs. It never happened during the summer, I just noticed recently.
    Dig 4/12/17, Gunite 4/19/17, Deck Installed 5/2/17, Plaster 6/12/17
    13,000 gallon, 24 x 19 rectangular pool/spa, platinum quartz plaster, travertine deck with raised beam in sloped yard. Polaris 3900 Complete, Jandy vsp 2.7hp, Jandy JX1400 Natural Heater, Jandy PDA PS6 (Pool/Spa), TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

My 3900 was getting stuck on our deep-end step as well, but the backup valve always kicks in and moves it after a few minutes. One thing that did help was replacing the tires on it. Mine had worn way down, the new ones added about 1/4" and that made a difference as far as it catching on floor-to-wall transitions. Make sure your backup valve is working though, it should cycle on every so often to move it in case it had been stuck.
    - 18k gallons, in ground plaster, dual floor and dual skimmers, city water, Polaris Sport 3900 w/ booster pump, Purex Triton 350 Minimax plus heater,
    Pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter w/ Century Centurion B855 2HP pump and Pentair Sm20-3 mulitport, Compool Cp3400 indoor control, Lx3400 outdoor