Rocks/broken tile in bottom of my pool. Need suggestions.

Jun 3, 2008
Hi all!

I just had the tile in my spa replaced. The spa has an overflow into a 25,000 IG pool.

So the guys did a great job re-tiling but their clean-up was horrendous. I now have dirt/silt all in the bottom of my once, crystal clear pool and large chunks of tile/grout etc. in the bottom as well. The pool is so cloudy and dirty. :( I'm going to let it all settle to the bottom.

Would the best thing to do be to vaccum the large pieces to waste? I tried getting them up with the leaf bag but that didn't work and I'm not jumping in to fish them out by hand. I have a caretaker cleaning system and a polaris so I rarely, if ever vacuum my pool and at opening I never have this much to contend with so I'm not quite sure what to do.

TIA!

Picking them out by hand is by far the best option. That would be much too heavy for a vacuum, and you've already tried a leaf rake.

JohnT said:
Picking them out by hand is by far the best option. That would be much too heavy for a vacuum, and you've already tried a leaf rake.

Ugh. That's what I feared. Do you think after I get the big stuff out by hand I should still vacuum to waste? I have a DE filter BTW.

Guess I'm off to put the suit on and get in that cruddy water. :cry:

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.