spa help

Feb 24, 2018
Kansas City
We designed a custom 9x6 gunite spa. It's completed and I have some questions to others that have done that.

1 - how deep is the well for your feet? my husband is 6 foot and his feet dangle.

2 - how deep should the seating bench be. The water level is hitting my husband about 2 inches above his belly button.

3 - where are your jets? Ours hit our butt crack (sorry for the visual).

4 - how's your jet action? Our water barely swirls.

Something doesn't sound right with this design. We have a large spa and we have two bench heights one on one side of our octagon being about 3" higher than the other side for shorter peeps. Our feet touch the bottom of the spa and our shoulders are just about at water level depending on what side you sit. Our jets hit you in the middle of the back if you sit in front of one. Maybe your seat height need to be adjusted??

Something doesn't sound right with this design. We have a large spa and we have two bench heights one on one side of our octagon being about 3" higher than the other side for shorter peeps. Our feet touch the bottom of the spa and our shoulders are just about at water level depending on what side you sit. Our jets hit you in the middle of the back if you sit in front of one. Maybe your seat height need to be adjusted??

Well, after complaining again, our contractor is cutting the gunite out and redoing the bench lower. He didn't want it as low as we do and he cannot figure out exactly what happened for it to be like this....somewhere along the way the calculations were off. We are just happy he is fixing it.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.