New Concrete Indiana question, Tint/Dye/Stamped

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
couple concrete questions.

1) We are on a lot with quite a few trees and will be battling the leaves in the fall some. The wife thinks concrete is too white/harsh, but the builder is trying to tell her that the leaves and debris will stain or color the concrete soon enough. She is wanting to stain the concrete right away, but not an overly drastic color change, just something more tannish to match house a little better. I feel after a few years, the concrete might look this color anyway. Did you color your concrete and did you like it? Worth the extra $1000 or so?

2) Stamped border concrete around pool in slightly darker color to accentuate the pool...................Did you do it and like it. Is it slippery with teenagers horsing around?

Wade,

Here is a pic of my stamped concrete.. It is just plain concrete without any color....

It is not sealed and I don't find it slippery at all..

dbtgallery.php

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

While I do not have experience with stamped & stained concrete for a pool, my last house had a stamped/stained concrete border around the driveway. The color faded and any damage over the years was impossible to patch and match the original. The concrete company who came to 'fix' the faded color used some sort of top-coat color that was REALLY slippery when wet. I kicked myself many times for paying the extra money for something that lasted only a couple of years before becoming an eye-sore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.