All jets working minus one corner (they are in the open position).

Feb 24, 2018
new yrok
So recently, I checked my hottub to find 4 inches of ice (some cold weeks of winter) on the top. I got rid of the ice and got it back functioning. While everything works well, one of the corner jets do not seem to function. The top ones of that corner occasionally spout out water when I first do the jets button, but nothing consistent. I also noticed one of the rubber tubs actually busted in that area. I have since replaced the tubing, but the jets still are not functioning correctly.
Furthermore, it sounds like the hottub is trying to use the jets, but fails (it'll make the noise like it's trying to pump water to that area once or twice, then gives up for 30 seconds or so).
Model wise, it's a master spa contractor series (2012).

I wonder if the line leading to it broke from the freeze :( I would do some more looking to make sure that did not happen.

I'll definitely be looking more when weather permits; from additional investigation, it appears that there aren't any other leaks. However, I have noticed that it's not just the one corner of jets, it's actually about half the jets in the spa. Really bizarre.

Shooting from the hip here, but I did a google image search and it looks like this is a stand alone hot tub. If it is, is it losing any water while running? Even a small drip would show a lowered water level over a week or two. Second, are there any large jets down in the main center well? Reason I ask is we have a ThermoSpa hot tub and it has one very large jet down in the bottom that hits about calf height for reference. Well, I never realized it before, but the jet has multiple positions which affect other jets in the tub. Basically if I turn it fully left it will have full flow and most of the other jets will have no flow. If I turn it clockwise it will shut the large lower jet off and diver the rest of the water to the other jets in the tub. When in this position it feels like the jet does not want to turn further however it is simply a detent and if you turn the jet ring further clockwise it will move further and return flow out of the jet but also send water to the other jets in the hot tub. I am thinking your tub may be set up the same way. So play around with the large jets down on the bottom. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

-Bill

Shooting from the hip here, but I did a google image search and it looks like this is a stand alone hot tub. If it is, is it losing any water while running? Even a small drip would show a lowered water level over a week or two. Second, are there any large jets down in the main center well? Reason I ask is we have a ThermoSpa hot tub and it has one very large jet down in the bottom that hits about calf height for reference. Well, I never realized it before, but the jet has multiple positions which affect other jets in the tub. Basically if I turn it fully left it will have full flow and most of the other jets will have no flow. If I turn it clockwise it will shut the large lower jet off and diver the rest of the water to the other jets in the tub. When in this position it feels like the jet does not want to turn further however it is simply a detent and if you turn the jet ring further clockwise it will move further and return flow out of the jet but also send water to the other jets in the hot tub. I am thinking your tub may be set up the same way. So play around with the large jets down on the bottom. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

-Bill

Hey Bill thanks for the reply. I actually did the due diligence and found the exact model - master spa cs862 (2011 I believe) https://www.masterspas.com/documents/_manuals/11-contractors_series-manual.pdf .

It seems to be maintaining heat and cycling water fine for about two weeks now, minus the sporadic grouping of jets that do not work. I also noticed that I can hit the "Aux" button and some of the non-functioning will spurt out water briefly. As far as leaks, no, it appears the water level is maintaining. I can give your suggestion a try when I get home. Additionally, if it helps anyone, I can provide a video where you can hear the sound the tub is making.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.