Test kit refills

May 29, 2017
Houston
Anyone know where the best value refills can be found? Or is it a little early in the season? Amazon? Wait for spring sales?

In SE Texas I’m starting to get back in to testing more regularly... but I ran out of a few things at the end of the season.....

...... don’t shoot me, but I have been utilising a local pool store tests (just for the winter, I’m dedicated to my pool and don’t trust them for any big stuff). I’ve been sticking to bleach, MA and bicarbonate of soda , but they’ve been great despite my lack of purchases and they don’t even try to sell me anything these days (and they like the pool math app!)

When in doubt, I always go directly to TFTeskits.com (TF-100 link below). Rebecca runs the show for us there and does an exemplary job with pricing and expediting shipments. You can contact her directly for any reagent-specific questions or upcoming seasonal offers. Hope that helps.

Good to know. I was going to grab a full set of refills. I also need a new whale brush. I just snapped the fin off mine tonight agitating the chlorine I added so it didn’t settle on the floor while I had my sump pump running in the deep end. Was working nice to get the water moving but then I noticed it was really easy to move and saw the fin float up to me. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our whale brush fin broke off within the first year. It is kind of easy to knock it or bang it on the pool deck, or some such method (which is what I did), causing the fin to crack off.

Before doing that it was great, though I agree that the smaller one is probably the better choice for most folks due to the amount of resistance created.

Hi! about to be the owner of a brand new pool and can't wait. I am about to purchase the TF-100 test kit. With the upcoming sale on refills, do you recommend I purchase anything extra?
I suggest you just get the kit for now, The refill sale (and it's a good one) happens annually just about this time. You will have all fresh chems in the TF-100 now and then replenish with fresh next year.

Hi! about to be the owner of a brand new pool and can't wait. I am about to purchase the TF-100 test kit. With the upcoming sale on refills, do you recommend I purchase anything extra?

I suggest you become a supporting member as seen here:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

This will get you a discount on the test kit and a tax write off as TFP is a 503-c!

I would get a speed stir! Those things are wonderful I am told. One day I will have one LOL

Kim:kim:

Are the chemicals for TF100 and T K2006c interchangable? Forgive my naive pool question, I'm a naive newbie. :)

Some are, some are not.

Visit the TFTestkits.net website and there are refill packages for each test kit type.

Are the chemicals for TF100 and T K2006c interchangable? Forgive my naive pool question, I'm a naive newbie. :)

I think everything except the phenol reds for pH are interchangeable. The TF-100 uses R0014 and the K2006 uses K0004. They're both Taylor chemistry, but the concentration is different.

The K2006 also contains a couple of tests that are not needed. The Acid and Base demand tests.

As Kim said, if you become a supporter you can get a discount on the TF-100 which is already a better deal than the K2006C in my opinion.

Ordered my kit this morning, after 2 seasons I finally needed more reagents. Rebecca had it out the door less than 6 hours after the order even Amazon can't beat that.

Thanks again for great service and a great product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.