Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test kit refills

1. Back To Top    #1

Test kit refills

Anyone know where the best value refills can be found? Or is it a little early in the season? Amazon? Wait for spring sales?

In SE Texas Iím starting to get back in to testing more regularly... but I ran out of a few things at the end of the season.....

...... donít shoot me, but I have been utilising a local pool store tests (just for the winter, Iím dedicated to my pool and donít trust them for any big stuff). Iíve been sticking to bleach, MA and bicarbonate of soda , but theyíve been great despite my lack of purchases and they donít even try to sell me anything these days (and they like the pool math app!)

14-yr-old pool converted to Salt about 12 years ago. Approx 25,000 Gallons with slide, small waterfalls and spa; plaster; Jandy Pro series salt cell - just under 3-years old; Pentair Intelliflo; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge filter reading a healthy 18PSI; Polaris 280 (a.k.a. Jasper); iAqualink

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kit refills

When in doubt, I always go directly to TFTeskits.com (TF-100 link below). Rebecca runs the show for us there and does an exemplary job with pricing and expediting shipments. You can contact her directly for any reagent-specific questions or upcoming seasonal offers. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    When in doubt, I always go directly to TFTeskits.com (TF-100 link below). Rebecca runs the show for us there and does an exemplary job with pricing and expediting shipments. You can contact her directly for any reagent-specific questions or upcoming seasonal offers. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it does.

14-yr-old pool converted to Salt about 12 years ago. Approx 25,000 Gallons with slide, small waterfalls and spa; plaster; Jandy Pro series salt cell - just under 3-years old; Pentair Intelliflo; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge filter reading a healthy 18PSI; Polaris 280 (a.k.a. Jasper); iAqualink

4. Back To Top    #4

i think it's .net
    Also anyone know when the refills go on sale? thought it was around this time of year?
    23,000 in-ground salt water pool with liner, 1.5 HP 2 speed Pentair pump, Hayword C4025 cartridge filter, Jandy SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

i think it's .net
    Ha ha. Yep. I'm blaming that on being tired.

TFTestkits.net
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

HAHAHAHA all good
    23,000 in-ground salt water pool with liner, 1.5 HP 2 speed Pentair pump, Hayword C4025 cartridge filter, Jandy SWG.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by callahan3 View Post
    i think it's .net
    Also anyone know when the refills go on sale? thought it was around this time of year?
    There was a thread last week. I believe it will be after March 1 or so.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

8. Back To Top    #8

Awesome

9. Back To Top    #9

March 1 is the sale date! Becky you better get your fingers ready!!!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Good to know. I was going to grab a full set of refills. I also need a new whale brush. I just snapped the fin off mine tonight agitating the chlorine I added so it didn’t settle on the floor while I had my sump pump running in the deep end. Was working nice to get the water moving but then I noticed it was really easy to move and saw the fin float up to me. Lol
    TFP - Come for advice, stay for the education, leave with knowledge -
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. 20,000 gallons. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom Disney Mickey markers. pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED's. ET 4/SL. tf-100/ salt kit

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Our whale brush fin broke off within the first year. It is kind of easy to knock it or bang it on the pool deck, or some such method (which is what I did), causing the fin to crack off.

Before doing that it was great, though I agree that the smaller one is probably the better choice for most folks due to the amount of resistance created.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi! about to be the owner of a brand new pool and can't wait. I am about to purchase the TF-100 test kit. With the upcoming sale on refills, do you recommend I purchase anything extra?
    Alabama, Husband & Wife DIY build, started September 2017, Royal Swimming Pool Kit, 20 X 44, 48" steel wall panels with 10ft open pour steel steps on the side, Kafko Reef liner, Hayward Tristar 2 HP 2 speed pump, 30" Hayward Sand Filter Pro Series, 40K Salt Cell with Aqua Plus Control, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner, 4 Deck Jets, TF-100 Test Kit with Salt Test Kit, SpeedStir

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by cteal View Post
    Hi! about to be the owner of a brand new pool and can't wait. I am about to purchase the TF-100 test kit. With the upcoming sale on refills, do you recommend I purchase anything extra?
    I suggest you just get the kit for now, The refill sale (and it's a good one) happens annually just about this time. You will have all fresh chems in the TF-100 now and then replenish with fresh next year.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

Are the chemicals for TF100 and T K2006c interchangable? Forgive my naive pool question, I'm a naive newbie.
    Our Very Own CEMENT POND in the Concrete Jungle (Orlando area)
    18' wide x 32'-8" long 3.5' - 6' deep SWG Pentair 200 Cart. Filter, Never lube valves, Pentair V.S. 3050 Pump, Pentair IC40, Pentair Easytouch 4 Control w/Screenlogic, Stonescapes Mini Pebble in Tahoe Blue. Pentair G5 Color LED light in pool, Pentair Cascade Color LED bubbler on sun shelf, 48" Sheer waterfall, 2 Pentair Magic Bowls

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by cteal View Post
    I suggest you become a supporting member as seen here:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

This will get you a discount on the test kit and a tax write off as TFP is a 503-c!

I would get a speed stir! Those things are wonderful I am told. One day I will have one LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by ohana4 View Post
    Are the chemicals for TF100 and T K2006c interchangable? Forgive my naive pool question, I'm a naive newbie.
    Some are, some are not.

Visit the TFTestkits.net website and there are refill packages for each test kit type.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by ohana4 View Post
    I think everything except the phenol reds for pH are interchangeable. The TF-100 uses R0014 and the K2006 uses K0004. They're both Taylor chemistry, but the concentration is different.

The K2006 also contains a couple of tests that are not needed. The Acid and Base demand tests.

As Kim said, if you become a supporter you can get a discount on the TF-100 which is already a better deal than the K2006C in my opinion.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/ľhp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Yeah, just ordered my TF-100 refill and I used my GC and got $30 off plus the 20% discount
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

19. Back To Top    #19

Ordered my kit this morning, after 2 seasons I finally needed more reagents. Rebecca had it out the door less than 6 hours after the order even Amazon can't beat that.

Thanks again for great service and a great product.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

20. Back To Top    #20

Got my order in today also, and also already received a USPS tracking number. Great work again TFT!!!

Brentr..........What is GC? (Never mind........I know now)
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, Jandy Proflo 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast