Does my valve need replacing?

Mo,

They sell rebuild kits for these valves... Just looks like a seal is gone...

Just in case you did not know, the electric actuator comes off and the valve is underneath. A few screws and it comes apart.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok so everything in the actuator section is good then I’m assuming. It’s nice and dry and works appropriately with my remote to open and close.
bc7987cc02d33cc0d7e115c51112a3bc.jpg

Mo,

If I went to all the trouble to open the valve, I would install the "kit" that comes with all the replaceable items...

I would also look inside and make sure nothing is cracked in the maim body of the valve.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mo,

As a general rule the holes strips out before anything else happens.. :confused:

I suspect maybe the crack was already there...

Unless you used one of the screws holding the actuator on.. I believe they are longer...

Sorry... :(

Jim R.

Mo,

As a general rule the holes strips out before anything else happens.. :confused:

I suspect maybe the crack was already there...

Unless you used one of the screws holding the actuator on

That's what it cracked. I used one of the actuator screws thinking I would screw them in a bit to test the valve out to see that I had it setup right before putting on the actuator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.