Vita spa slow leak - could it be the jet?

Oct 11, 2007
spartanburg, sc
I'm attempting this repair myself, but it might be too advanced, but here goes...

slow water leak last summer, would need to add water every week. Powered off and it sat all winter (South Carolina, not too cold). Water eventually stopped leaking at upper bottom cyclone jet. There's 2 jets at that height - so not sure which. I added more hose water, just a little, and did the red food coloring test to see if I could identify which jet was the problem. But I could not see any movement.

I pulled the siding off, and it was completely sealed in with insulation foam. I started chipping away and pulling the foam out to see if I could get to the gasket connector to tighter it, or even see if it was wet. But it's very hard - that foam is completely coating everything.

So, maybe I should pull out the cyclone jets from the front - but they will not budge. I read that you should turn the valve counter-clockwise to off position, then continue to turn a little more until they loosen, but mine are very tight. I'm afraid to turn hard and break them...

Here's my questions:

1) Should I turn them with force to pop them out? Could that even be the root cause of the leak? The jets worked last summer, so I really don't think they are broken - just maybe they are cracked and causing the leak?

2) Does anybody have advice on getting to the seal on the back side? Should I spray the foam with water to loosen it and remove it? Or should I throw in the towel and call a repair shop? Thank you for any help or advice this great community can offer !

Model: Vita Spa L50 Spa Side U100 Series. / AKA: DM Industries hot tub PTCI 140 RSGG
Purchased in 2005.

T8Of9CV.jpg

c5n4DdG.jpg

dfOv6Fo.jpg

ZgwMa97.jpg

xKR4iX0.jpg

NPRqI4I.jpg

I believe I can tell you how to remove the jet internals from the jet bodies as I just had to take some of mine out and your jets look like mine. Check this video here and see if you jets match up. Old Hot Tub Spa Jet Nozzle Overhaul Fix - Apollo Spa - Gecko - YouTube this one also has a good explanation Luxury Barrel Jet Internal and Body Explanation Video - YouTube It took me forever to find out what type of jets I had and how to remove them. Once the internals are removed and you dry around the jet body you could try some silicone around the jet where it goes through the shell. It is best if you are able to remove the jet body and silicone both sides, but trying just the inside first may save you some time. I used the Boss 802 silicone as it claims it is designed for hot tubs.

I had a slow leak in my 20 yr old Sundance spa a few months back when I filled it up for the winter season. My local spa parts store recommended a Stop Leak product that often seals up small leaks! Just pour it in twice over 2 days and run the pump to circulate, and voila...
it worked! Best to try this before tearing your spa apart! Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.