Need to fix stamped concrete deck...

Sep 11, 2017
Little Elm
We had our fence re-stained this past year, and the contractor got over-spray all over our stamped concrete pool deck. They attempted to use some mild cleaner on is and in the process stripped out some of the color. So, now I'm left with having to fix the mess and need some guidance. The deck has been in 4 years and not sealed. I sealed it 2 years ago with Deck O Shield, but I think that has pretty much worn off by now.

My first question (of many, I'm sure), is should I stain the concrete first then seal, or use a sealer that I can tint? Truthfully, for the most part the deck color looks fine, it's just in a few areas where the color is 'thin' looking (the grey of the concrete is showing through).

Okay I have been thinking on this and asked they hubby what his thoughts were...........we both worry about trying to stain just those areas. The old color has been in the sun for 4 yrs so will be a lot lighter than the new stain.

Here is our thought--------a light acid wash of the whole area. Rinse it real well and see what you have once it drys. That might even out the color all over. You can then restain or do the sealer with dye in it but I don't really like that idea as I worry it might flake or wear off as sealer does.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.