In floor cleaning system, caretaker

We have a Caretaker 5-port system that we inherited with our pool. The cleaning function is good but not excellent, and this is after I've fine-tuned with new pop-up heads, nozzle adjustments, synchronization, etc. I'm not sure cleaning gets better with other brand in-floor systems. If I was building a new pool and cleaning was my main goal, I would probably not pay the price to install an in-floor system, but invest in a robot cleaner instead.

OTOH, I do like that the floor system gives me more "returns" for water distribution, especially when the heater is on. Heated water from 24 pop-up heads thoughout the bottom of the pool is more efficient than our double return on one wall of a 40 foot pool.

With you living in PA and needing to close for the winter a in floor cleaning system can cause problems with this. I think you would be better off with a good robot cleaner. The Dolphins are getting great reviews. There are several threads about them. The white box at the top of the page will help you find some of them.

Kim:kim:

I chose the Paramount PCC2000 in floor system when I had the pool built, and 20 years later, I consider it the best $2000 bucks I have ever spent! I've only had to replace 4 nozzles in 20 years, and Paramount still honors their lifetime warranty! I've worked on a few of the older Caretaker systems, and they don't perform nearly as well as my PCC2000..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.