Help with pool anchors

May 16, 2016
millstone nj
Hey everyone i have a two year old gunite pool with patio pavers around it. I had the pool company install ground pipe anchors into the pavers (more of them in the seams between the pavers). Its been cold here in NJ so i haven't been in the backyard for a while and I just went outside and i saw that 5-6 of the anchors are about 3-4 inches up from the ground. I was able to push them back down by kicking them, but is this normal? I thought they were supposed to be "anchored" and not moving. Is it because they are anchored in the polymeric sand? One of the pavers is pushed up because of the pressure on the pipe anchor.

The thaw/freeze cycle can do some crazy things. I think you are seeing the results of that.

Kim:kim:

Exactly. The pipes are not anchored. The pipes are smooth sided, which allows them, for better or worse, to slide up and down with the freeze/thaw cycles. So long as there is no horizontal movement (which would be a big problem) then no worries. Just bang them back down as you did. Use a rubber mallet or, better yet, dead blow hammer to pound the paver back in place if needed. Don't use a hammer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.