Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Pentair 2 hp whisperflo pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Pentair 2 hp whisperflo pump

Hello,
    I am trying to replace my pump motor (2HP 1.1 SF 2.2 SFHP) with a similar motor. My pump is wired for 230 v. The new motor (355026S) wiring patern is different and I am concerned that I ordered the wrong motor for my situation. My old motor has a brown wire to the A post. A white wire to the A post. A black wire to line 1 and a white wire to line 2. The new punp motor just has a line 1 and 2 post. Can you give me some insight.
    Thank for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing Pentair 2 hp whisperflo pump

v,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your pool pump wiring issues...

It appears to me that your original pump can be run from 115 VAC or 230 VAC.. the Brown and White wires from inside the pump allow you to select which input voltage is used. As wired in your pic, your pump is running off of 230 VAC...

Your new pump appears to run only from 230 VAC.. this means you just wire your input power to L1 and L2 and green to ground...

From an electrical point of view your new pump is fine..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.