Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Chesapeake, VA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Chesapeake, VA

New member here! Love this site. Since I'm a type-A organizer AND engineer, I will be spending many hours here trying to maintain my pool to perfection. That "I'm overwhelmed" feeling is starting to go away. I mostly felt that way after my 1.5 hour pool school from the builder. That's a lot of info at one time without any pool experience!

I'm surprised no one has written a book / manual that basically covers pool school for different pool setups (ex. vinyl IG with SWG). Would be nice to have as a reference. TFP is the closest I can find. Thanks to everyone who helps out. Hopefully I can also provide advice at some point!
    26k In-Ground Vinyl 38' x 18', Hayward Aqua Plus with Goldline T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward TriStar 1.5 HP Pool Pump (2 Speed), Swimclear Cartridge filter C200s, Hayward Booster Pump (6060), 2 Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 lights
    Gemini style with jump rocks and waterfall, Taylor K-2006 / Speed Stir, Seven 4x12 'Solar Industries' Solar Panels on 2-story roof, Built 2017 in Chesapeake, Virginia. -Mark

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Chesapeake, VA

Welcome! Iím an IG owner in Richmond. I learned everything I know here and now successfully open, close and fully maintain my own pool. In no time youíll feel confident and will know your pool schedule like the back of your hand. Itís so enjoyable! Have fun!!!

18'x34' vinyl, roman end, IG. 23K gal. Est. 2007 (best guess, not by us).
    Hayward Pro Series sand filter (S244T), Hayward super pump 1.5hp (C48L2N134B1)
    SWG Aqua Rite, Goldline Controls,Aqua collection turbulent Flo-chamber cell
    Hayward H-Series natural gas heater (H400FDN), Dolphin robotic vacuum, Taylor test kit K-2006-C

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by goody222 View Post
    New member here! Love this site. Since I'm a type-A organizer AND engineer, I will be spending many hours here trying to maintain my pool to perfection. That "I'm overwhelmed" feeling is starting to go away. I mostly felt that way after my 1.5 hour pool school from the builder. That's a lot of info at one time without any pool experience!

I'm surprised no one has written a book / manual that basically covers pool school for different pool setups (ex. vinyl IG with SWG). Would be nice to have as a reference. TFP is the closest I can find. Thanks to everyone who helps out. Hopefully I can also provide advice at some point!
    Welcome to TFP!

Check out Pool School.........The Book
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

wow, no idea there was a book! Going to order it soon!
    26k In-Ground Vinyl 38' x 18', Hayward Aqua Plus with Goldline T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward TriStar 1.5 HP Pool Pump (2 Speed), Swimclear Cartridge filter C200s, Hayward Booster Pump (6060), 2 Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 lights
    Gemini style with jump rocks and waterfall, Taylor K-2006 / Speed Stir, Seven 4x12 'Solar Industries' Solar Panels on 2-story roof, Built 2017 in Chesapeake, Virginia. -Mark

6. Back To Top    #6

Hello fellow Chesapeake pool geek