Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA on the low side (purposely) but want to increase for summer

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA on the low side (purposely) but want to increase for summer

Thanks to this awesome website, I've spent basically $0 in pool "chemicals" other than chlorine, acid and calcium hypo-chloride to get the pool perfectly balanced since getting the pool handed over to me in early January. The builder left me with a few chlorine pucks which I've been using sparingly and have been chlorinating via liquid chlorine/bleach. My CYA is at 20 which is on the low side and I want to get it up to about 50 as it gets warmer and our pool gets full sun for at least 10 hours during the summer since it faces west. How many 3" pucks will I need to use up for a 22.5k gallon pool to get CYA to move up 30 units? I plan on only using pucks to get CYA up while chlorinating then switch to full liquid chlorine once I hit my target CYA of about 50.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA on the low side (purposely) but want to increase for summer

You are better off using CYA powder to raise your CYA. More predictable and quicker.

Use Effects of Adding Chemicals in PoolMath.

Can you add your Location and a signature? See Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: CYA on the low side (purposely) but want to increase for summer

Pool math has a effects if adding chems on the bottom
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener