Question For Jandy Aqualink PDA Experts

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have an Aqualink PDA-P8 control system which has one four-pin terminal block for RS485 communications. I presently have an ePump and the wireless transciever connected to the terminal block. The installation manual for the Aqualink PDA states that a multiplexer board has to be used if one needs to connect more than two wires to each terminal. I have researched the Jandy part number 6584 multiplexer board and it is quite expensive ($80+) and is nothing more than a small circuit board with four terminal blocks wired in parallel. Has anyone wired more than two RS485 devices without using the multiplexer board? If so, how did you do it?

poolneophyte said:
I have an Aqualink PDA-P8 control system which has one four-pin terminal block for RS485 communications. I presently have an ePump and the wireless transciever connected to the terminal block. The installation manual for the Aqualink PDA states that a multiplexer board has to be used if one needs to connect more than two wires to each terminal. I have researched the Jandy part number 6584 multiplexer board and it is quite expensive ($80+) and is nothing more than a small circuit board with four terminal blocks wired in parallel. Has anyone wired more than two RS485 devices without using the multiplexer board? If so, how did you do it?

Just cram them in there, Although i can't recommend you do that. I have seen sixteen wires in that buss before. four by four that is... It really is a shame that Jandy gouges like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.