Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Photographer's lightbox for indoor pH color comparison

1. Back To Top    #1

Photographer's lightbox for indoor pH color comparison

I've seen people in the pool store using something similar to this . Does anyone know where I can find this sort of thing?
    First Time Pool Owner Since May 2017. IG 17K-gal, Pebble Finish, Pentair WhisperFlo 1-HP Pump, A.O. Smith B2982 2spd Motor, Pentair CCP320 Cartridge Filter, Doheny's Discovery, Taylor K-2006 Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Photographer's lightbox for indoor pH color comparison

Taylor 9199

Lightbox, Gepe Slim Lite w/ adapter, batteries & case.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

ac,

That would work...

I just hold a piece of white paper, or paper plate, up behind the comparator and it works for me...

I also find that using a larger comparator works 100% better for my old eyes..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Google Lightboxes & Light Tables for some options.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey, guys, thanks for the info. I ended up getting Verilux HappyLight Liberty Personal from Amazon for $29.95.

First Time Pool Owner Since May 2017. IG 17K-gal, Pebble Finish, Pentair WhisperFlo 1-HP Pump, A.O. Smith B2982 2spd Motor, Pentair CCP320 Cartridge Filter, Doheny's Discovery, Taylor K-2006 Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by acpie360 View Post
    Hey, guys, thanks for the info. I ended up getting Verilux HappyLight Liberty Personal from Amazon for $29.95.

Try comparing a CYA test with it. Wait for a really clear and bright day and do the CYA test at high sun with your back to the sun and the tube at waist/belly height. Then take the comoarator indoors with the very same test solution and hold the comparator up to the light box so light is directed at the tube. See if the results are different.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

And it will make you happy! Win-win.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    And it will make you happy! Win-win.
    I think I need a dark-box....sometimes there’s just too much sunshine here
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates