indoor pool adding skylights and automatic cover

Jan 30, 2018
Hamburg, NY
Hi all,

A 2 part post (sorry):

Skylight recommendation: I have an indoor pool and I want to add skylights to it. Right now, it's pretty dark in the pool area even in summertime. I want to be able to open the skylights to the air, move a shade to block the sun when not in use and close them. Any suggestions? The pool area is insulated but not heated, so if the skylights could add some sunlight to heat the room up better that would be great too. Right now, the pool water does the heating for us but we have an exhaust fan that vents to outside air to help with humidity.

Automatic cover: I would LOVE to have an automatic cover that could be the pool cover and be walked on but, I've only found 2 companies that do this and it's $150-250k. Not an option. Anyone have any other ideas? Right now, I have a solar cover that I pull on and off with each use and it's just a PITA (lazy I know). I may see if a fabricator can one off me something but wanted to check here first (I would do an aluminum frame and supports with a vinyl cover over the frame and then hinge it on the floor. Place a motor with cable above to lift the cover up so it flips up against the wall).

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.