Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite Circuit Breaker Size

1. Back To Top    #1

Question AquaRite Circuit Breaker Size

What size circuit breaker is needed for the AquaRite SWG? I'm going to run my pump and SWG from one timer. My pump uses a 15 amp breaker but I can't find where Hayward says "this is the size circuit breaker needed for the SWG".

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite Circuit Breaker Size

Welcome to the forum!

I did a quick search and InyoPools indicated "The T15 cell has an amp range between 3.1 and 8.0 amps, so anything between this range is suitable."

You do not say what model you have but that is the largest SWCG Hayward makes.

Can you add a signature? See Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

Keith,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find the answers to all your pool maintenance questions... whether your "Brook" has a "Mill" or not...

Not to be picky, but the circuit breaker size is determined by the wire size between the CB panel and the load... If the wires are only 14 gauge you can only use a 15 amp breaker.. If 12 gauge, then a 20 amp breaker...

I believe that a 20 amp breaker will power your pump and salt system, just fine...

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

3 to 8 is at the cell.

Input power is 1 amp at 240 volts or 2 amps at 120 volts.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!
    That helped a lot! Signature added!

Jim, it used to have a "Mill" in the "Brook" but that was back in the 1800's.

6. Back To Top    #6

The aquarite power specifications are printed on the inside of the door along with a wiring diagram.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.