Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are Intermatic valve actuators any good?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are Intermatic valve actuators any good?

I want to add some automation to my pool. I've noticed that Intermatic valve actuators are about 40% of the price of Jandy actuators (I have Jandy Never-Lube valves). Are the Jandy actuators that much better that their considerable price premium is warranted, or are they not that much different?
    15k IG gunite w/attached spa, Pentair VS-3050 pump, PacFab Mytilus 150 cartridge filter, The PoolCleaner 2X suction cleaner, Liquidator still in box in garage

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Are Intermatic valve actuators any good?

I was wondering about this also. I can't find any reviews of the Intermatic actuators. I found them online for $63.00 and, at that price, it seems like it is worth the gamble.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Are Intermatic valve actuators any good?

I have almost a full season on a couple of them at customer pools. So far so good. I've been told by a rep of a competing brand that he actually likes the Intermatic valves better. If the actuator breaks or you loose power you can still turn the valve manually which is pretty cool. Also, the cams are marked and easy to set. It doesn't hurt that they are 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the other brands.

They are now my actuator of choice.

Jay
    20 x 45 Inground vinyl, ~34,500 gallons,
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, dual main drain
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, MiniMaxNT 400, TR100 sand filter,
    Whisperflo .34/2 hp 2 speed, Polaris 280 w/ polaris booster pump,
    Wild ride slide, InterFab techni spring base w/ 8' InterFab olympian board
    APC 365 dark gray auto cover