Can an IG robotic cleaner work in an AG pool?

lightmaster

TFP Guide
Jun 22, 2017
Baxley, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I'm wanting to buy a robotic cleaner (specifically a Dolphin after reading many good reviews), and I was wondering if the ones meant for in-ground pools would work in an above ground vinyl pool. Assuming it's safe for IG vinyl, I don't see how AG vinyl would be any different. Dolphin seems to have a much larger selection of IG vacuums with more features than they do for AG pools, which is why I'd like to get an IG I'm, assuming it'll work in my AG pool.

I have an E10 for my inground that works for AG and inground.

I would recommend looking into that unit. poolpartz.com offers
refurbished models with warranty for less (thats what I got works great).

If you search the forum for Dolphin E10 I did a review.

None of those advertise cleaning the walls on the manufacturer's site, but I've heard of some of non wall climbing ones still climbing up the walls and cleaning them. Do you know if any of those 3 will clean your walls?

I have an E10 for my inground that works for AG and inground.

I would recommend looking into that unit. poolpartz.com offers
refurbished models with warranty for less (thats what I got works great).

If you search the forum for Dolphin E10 I did a review.

B, does this cleaner pick up oak leaves? I need one that can pick them up as that is my main problem.

Right, the E10 is not designed to climb walls, however it does climb steep angles in hopper
style pools like mine with angled walls in the deep end. When it encounters fully vertical
walls, it climbs until it is straight up, then backs down. Mine goes up and the front of
it breaks the water line from time to time in the shallow and deep ends. But it definitely
would not climb straight up vertical walls in a deep end or above ground pool.

Kim, I'm not sure if it can do oak leaves or not...I only get small japanese maple leaves
once in awhile. I would think it could pick up oak leaves though since most of the
time they are wet and very flexible to get drawn in.

I forgot to mention the E10 is also the lowest cost robot with an active front
scrubbing brush.

They climb up the walls a bit, but not to the waterline.

Why do you want it to climb the walls?

More out of curiosity than anything. Probably gonna get an E10 this spring, since it seems like a good reliable one. :) I had a Hayward Aqua critter one last year, but first time I put it in the pool it would get stopped up on leaves, and then started going in a constant circle not going anywhere. (Yes my pump is more than powerful enough for it). Luckily, I was able to return it to Amazon for full refund.

Gonna be buying my Dolphin next paycheck (3/29/18). Trying to decide between Dolphin E-10 - refurbished and Dolphin Premium - Refurbished. The "geek factor" of having Bluetooth support for $699 seems too much to pass up, lol. Anyone else have a Dolphin Premium and do you like it or wish you'd bought a different one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Had a good paycheck this week and ended up buying myself a Dolphon S300. Figured everything else I've bought for my pool has been purchased with the idea that when I get a bigger pool, it'll all work with a much bigger pool, so might as well get a robotic cleaner that will work good with a bigger pool too. The Dolphin Premium is out-of-stock for the season, so went with the next best one since I couldn't see spending $150 more for the extra features of the S300i. Get free 2-3 day shipping, so hopefully it ships out today and will arrive this weekend or Monday. Can't wait to finally set it up and get it cleaning, been looking forward to it since early last fall. :D

It helps if you order something every day from Amazon so that way something arrives on your doorstep every day. You never have to deprive yourself of fresh goodies!!

Kidding of course. We’ve all see the fallout from that on TV.

Just got the email saying my S300 was shipped, and FedEx tracking code says it will be in tomorrow (Friday)! :eek: That's some quick shipping, way faster than Amazon's and it was free shipping.

Supposed to pour in the morning, but even if it rains later in the day when the robot arrives, I'll be out there with a rain jacket setting it up, lol

Another one of those times where I really wish I'd taken a "before" picture, lol.

Robot (my son's name for it, can't fault him for being descriptive, lol) came in the mail and is doing a phenomenal job cleaning the pool. Kid was surprised when it came up to the waterline the first time, right in front of him, lol. It really does a great job of cleaning though. :D Had a large clump of leaves in the middle and it just ran over them and sucked half up on the first pass and the other half on it's second pass through.

As a side question, anyone know how to tell what year model a Dolphin S300 is? Curious if I got a 2016, 2017, or 2018 model.

Another one of those times where I really wish I'd taken a "before" picture, lol.

Robot (my son's name for it, can't fault him for being descriptive, lol) came in the mail and is doing a phenomenal job cleaning the pool. Kid was surprised when it came up to the waterline the first time, right in front of him, lol. It really does a great job of cleaning though. :D Had a large clump of leaves in the middle and it just ran over them and sucked half up on the first pass and the other half on it's second pass through.

As a side question, anyone know how to tell what year model a Dolphin S300 is? Curious if I got a 2016, 2017, or 2018 model.

If it has a swivel, it's 2018. Beyond that, hard to tell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.