Something Fishy; Something Salty.

Apr 15, 2007
Central Texas
I have the Mineral Springs, BioGuard (Aqua Rite) SWG system. The diagnostic display gives me 8 read-outs for: Mineral (salt) Level, Pool Temp, Cell Voltage, Cell Current, Desired Output %, Instant Salinity, Product Name and Software Revision.

I fired my pool guy yesterday, after he supposedly cleaned the generating cell and “recalibratedâ€

biggest problem you might encounter is a high salt condition and the unit will shut down. The Goldline units do this around 4500 ppm. As temperature increases the conductivity increases so the SWG thinks the salt level has gone higher. Just keep an eye on it and if you get a high salt condition you will need to drain out some water and dilute. Actually, running the salt on the high side will increase cell life, especially when the weather gets cold.

Thank you, WaterBear!
Actually, my salt level measures 3900, today. So, I'm going to take your advice unless someone has further input for me. I'm going to monitor the salt level and make sure it goes no higher (no more Mineral Springs "Renewal"). I'll be prepared to dilute, if it does.

TexasGirl said:
Thank you, WaterBear!
Actually, my salt level measures 3900, today. So, I'm going to take your advice unless someone has further input for me. I'm going to monitor the salt level and make sure it goes no higher (no more Mineral Springs "Renewal"). I'll be prepared to dilute, if it does.
Instead of renewal all you need is plain solar salt that is at least 99.5% pure that is sold for water softener use. Monitor your CYA and maintain it between 60-80 ppm and if you want you can add borax to 30-50 ppm (along with muriatic acid to neutralize the pH rise) to have all the full effects of renewal for a lot less money! Check your borate level first (AquaChek red borate test strips are the most cost effective way).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.