Liner issues

The liner could be reset with some effort. Some people use a push broom and their feet to help move it. What I worry about is the tear in the seam. I worry that once you start tugging/moving it the rest of the seam will go so use GREAT care. I would triple patch the tear before you do anything else.

The liner could be reset with some effort. Some people use a push broom and their feet to help move it. What I worry about is the tear in the seam. I worry that once you start tugging/moving it the rest of the seam will go so use GREAT care. I would triple patch the tear before you do anything else.
Thanks. It's small. I'm going to patch it with Flex Tape like I did the last one. The worst part about this is that I don't even know how old the liner is because we bought this house 3 years ago. It had some patches before we bought it and I put some more on since. It's probably time for a new one, but it's hard to stomach another $3K to replace the liner after just doing a total renovation of the house plus solar panels.

Rock and hard place. You do not want it to leak and mess up your bottom BUT you cannot leave it empty as you risk wall collapses. Any way you can tape the tears on the floor for right now? I would order a new liner ASAP so keep the damage down.

Kim:kim:

First off do you have any good friends that could help you? There a MANY videos that show you how to do it. It is not that hard. Saying that I did pay someone to put my liner in as it was worth it for us.

Finding some one to put the new on in- Call around to the different PBs and see if they do vinyl pools and who they use for the liner part. Start pulling strings to see who you find. After a while the same names will keep coming up both on the good and bad side.

Now keep in mind the bottom may need some love. Be ready for that.

Now for the really fun part-------do you have the paper work from the first liner? It might be hard to figure out who made the pool so it will be some work to find a liner that will fit YOUR pool. It might need to be custom made $$ :( If you do not have the paper work you might be able to find the "stamp code". Most of the time it is by the steps.

Kim (no cheering on this one :()

Then it will be easy to measure and get a new liner. I would start calling liner companies to find out what info they need from you to order a new liner. That way you will have it when you are ready to replace it. They might even have someone they could recommend to help you measure then install.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Had a company come out and this company is the only one in my area who installs 60 ml PVC membranes in residential pools. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on a search on TFP. Anyone know if it's worth the extra 30%. He said it's virtually impossible to puncture and will last 2x as long.

Have not heard of them................hummmmmmmmmmm ask them for a build they did 5 yrs ago and call them to see what they have to say. "Would you hire them again? Would you buy this liner again?" kind of questions will open up some thoughts I bet.

What is the brand name of this 60ml PVC membranes?

You won't have to measure the liner, if you can find the serial number printed on it.
Usually found on the shallow end wall areas. (backside of liner)

If you find that, the manufacturer can make a new one from it.

Have not heard of them................hummmmmmmmmmm ask them for a build they did 5 yrs ago and call them to see what they have to say. "Would you hire them again? Would you buy this liner again?" kind of questions will open up some thoughts I bet.

What is the brand name of this 60ml PVC membranes?

the brand name of the membrane is Elbe.

- - - Updated - - -

http://elbtal-plastics.de/en/swimming-pool-membranes.html

That is a neat idea. PLEASE ask them if they have installed any you can go and see for yourself. I really want to know more about it.

How is it installed? Are there seams? How are they sealed? I am going to do some more reading to see if I can find the details.

IF the website is telling the whole story that is some neat stuff there!

That is a neat idea. PLEASE ask them if they have installed any you can go and see for yourself. I really want to know more about it.

How is it installed? Are there seams? How are they sealed? I am going to do some more reading to see if I can find the details.

IF the website is telling the whole story that is some neat stuff there!

It's constructed on site. There are seams and it's welded together with some special heat gun. He's sending me photos, but I don't think he's got authority to tell me I can go some his clients' pools. I wouldn't want random people coming to my house to look at mine.

He could give your references that he has asked permission from before hand. Many people do it. I do understand if you are not comfortable doing this though. It is just another tool to use to check your guys work.

I have done some more reading asking around..........that stuff sounds neat but the chemical level they use are for Germany where they don't use CYA (stabilizer) I would check to see what level of FC (free chlorine) they "allow" if you have a CYA of 50.

Oh ask your guy how they get it off if need be.

Here is a thought another member shared with me about this:
"I’d say the proof is in the warranty. Do they warranty the liner 2X longer than a standard liner? What does that warranty cover? That’s what I’d want to know..."

I am enjoying learning about this product with you! I hope it works out for you to get it so we can keep learning with you!

I am SO excited! Make sure to let me know either by posting on this thread or pm me when you do start the remodel thread! You can make it in under construction. I hope you get LOTS of pics of everything and share them!

Kim:kim;

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.