Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex leg joint

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex leg joint

After 7 years with our Intex it finally started to give out, the problem was the legs and beams started to rust and luckily we were able to finish out the year with it. We will be ordering another one soon but have a question, I saw an add for a replacement joint assembly that connects the leg and the cross beams together that was made of plastic, has anyone here used them? My only issue with them is they are pricey at about $33 a piece.
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex leg joint

I have not but here is a bump to get more eyes on your question.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex leg joint

Quote Originally Posted by MK1985 View Post
    After 7 years with our Intex it finally started to give out, the problem was the legs and beams started to rust and luckily we were able to finish out the year with it. We will be ordering another one soon but have a question, I saw an add for a replacement joint assembly that connects the leg and the cross beams together that was made of plastic, has anyone here used them? My only issue with them is they are pricey at about $33 a piece.
    You can order replacement parts directly from intex. I had several legs rust badly and it didn't warrant replacing the whole pool so I just ordered the parts I needed.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)