help...can not get FC up

Jun 10, 2009
First off I want to thank everyone on the forum for their help. My pool has been a dream this year. I am now helping a neighbor. Here are the details:

10K AG

FC - 3
CC - 14.5
TC - 17.5
pH - 6.8
T/A - 120
CH - 120
CYA - 90

So far we have added 1 bag of chlorine free shock per pool store...then measured (numbers above) after 1.5 hrs. I added 1 gallon of liquid chlorine @ dark & will check tomorrow. My plan is to continue to added liquid chlorine until FC > 15 and CC =0. Is this a sound plan or not? Pool is only slightly cloudy but my neighbor has been fighting a green pool for a couples of weeks. Thanks for the help.

Unless the neighbor has an swg, you should do a partial drain and refill to get the CYA lower, at least 70.

Once that is done, retest the PH and if it's still below 7.2, raise it with Borax.

Then resume shocking the pool, refering to the CYA chart for the new shock level. (It's not 15 :wink: )

Stick to bleach, as you can see by the high CC - non-chlorine shock can skew test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.