Quality cartridges for the Hayward C4030 Filtering System recommendaitons

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

My 4 cartridges are a little over 3 yrs old and are spitting at the tops. I did some research that JB Weld has a product that can be used for water [submersible] applications. Has anyone gone this route or other before that has proven successful? I have the Hayward C4030 filter.

Either way, I do need to buy another set of 4, so looking for a vendor you have used that produces/sells high quality cartridges that you have used for years and does the same job as OEM?

Thank you very much,
tstex

I'll second that and I'd find your model, leave it in your cart and watch the price change.

I saw my pleatco's drop to $35 apiece for a 2 pack which was less than a quarter of pool store regular price for 1. Currently mine are $47 a piece for 2 pack. Sometimes the deal is on 2 pack, 4 pack, maybe even single...

Also, if a cartridge has been used, then sits out for 6 months [in garage out of the elements], can it be used again or does it fall apart if not in water? I was thinking of just plug n play and clean when you can get to it...thanks
Looks like you found some good replacements. :goodjob: I have a spare cartridge I keep for emergencies and it's doing fine.

when you buy 4 new replacements, I/m sure they at least come in a box, but are they wrapped/sealed in plastic or something else? I could plug in the new ones, clean the old ones, let them dry, then "shrink wrap" the best I can and rotate the 4 cartridges. Except for the tops splitting some, the rest of the cartridge is in good shape. I'm hope the water-app JB Weld can do its trick...if so, I'll clean them and be good to go. thanks, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.