Intellichlor problem

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have automation (EasyTouch)? A timer that controls the IC?

On its own they will not do that.

Take care.

M,

Silly, I know but I have to ask... I assume the pump was running, when the cell had no lights???

I also assume that the pump shuts off at night, and then when the pump comes back on in the morning the cell starts working again..

I had a similar problem where the cell would be working fine... the cell light would come on when producing chlorine and off when not producing chlorine, just like it should.. But, intermittently, when the cell light came back on, all the lights would go out and it would not come back on line unless I recycled power. It was intermittent, but would happen at least once a day, sometimes several times a day...

I shot a phone video of it and sent it to my pool builder, who sent a tech out to look at it. Of course the tech was only here for about an hour and it never went bad during that period. The pool builder called the local Pentair repair center and they just came out and replaced the cell... it was about three years old at the time and still under warranty..

Obviously, the problem went away when the cell was replaced.

I suspect you have the same issue... :(

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

If there is no timer, how do you turn off the IC when the pump turns off? A SWCG should never be left powered on without the pump running. You must have a primary power disconnect, either a timer or automation. The Flow switch in the IC is secondary. Please do not rely on it to be sure the IC is powered off when there is no water flow. SWCG's can explode if run without water going through it.

I would suggest strongly to change that soon.

Are you sure the IC is no longer generating chlorine when the lights go out on it? Do you see small bubbles coming out of your return when the SWCG is generating? Does you FC swing up and down because you are not getting sufficient chlorine generation?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.