LED Light Upgrade

brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I am about to remodel our pool and one thing I asked the builder was to upgrade to LED lighting.

Currently have old halogen? possibly lighting. They are quoting me $3,000 for a pool and a spa light in 12v with color changes. This seems high to me?

Thoughts?

I am about to remodel our pool and one thing I asked the builder was to upgrade to LED lighting.

Currently have old halogen? possibly lighting. They are quoting me $3,000 for a pool and a spa light in 12v with color changes. This seems high to me?

Thoughts?

We just finished our build and decided midway through to upgrade to color LED (2 pool / 1 spa).

Upgrade was I believe $1600 with about $600 credit for the white Halogens originally on the quote, so I guess $ 2200 really. That also included three transformers.

So far we are very happy that we decided to upgrade as they are beautiful.

Hope that helps.

Seems high. Two years ago I replaced my lights with Pentair Intellibrite since my panel is pentair. I bought on amazon. Pool light is/was $540 plus Tax. Spa Light $465 plus tax. The EasyTouch panel controls the color changing mode, but it can also be done manually by knowing how many times to turn it on and off, or add an intellibrite controller for $185 on amazon. So about $1200 in parts.

3K seems high...

Oh, just noticed 12V. My prices are 120V. Is there a reason to stay with 12V? I think 12V prices are comparable.

I think that is expensive for just the lights.. In our new build, the 3 Hayward Colorlogic LED with controller was $3,100 including electrical (bonding and wiring the controller to just about wherever we wanted it). I assume the company you are using would be able to re-use the existing wiring to the lights and current switch...I can't find the original quote from the PB, but (I think) they originally quoted only one light and each additional was quoted as $500 installed..

BUT - There are a lot of unknowns in what's provided with that estimate you have. How extensive is the remodel without upgrading the lights? What make/model lights are they providing in that quote and what controller (if any). For example, the Colorlogic LEDs are MUCH smaller than the halogen style lights - replacing the halogens with the ones I have would require the holes in the pool wall to be filled and re-formed to hold the new lights. If they have to run new electrical for the lights, that might be a bargain.. :confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.