Hayward Heater Error Code b d

Thanks for the link to the trouble shooting guide. The guide only mentions a BD code (B&D both capital). I am getting 120V over to the control board, in which case the guide says to replace the ICB. The code I am getting is bd (both lower case). In the manual for my unit it mentions a bD code relating either to the gas valve or a "data retrieval error".

I think that the troubleshooting guide applies. Follow the steps for the BD code starting on page 33.

The codes you are referring to go to a H250FD, but you say that you have a H250IDL2.

Does the manual go to a H250FD?

Are you sure that you have an H250IDL2?

I definitely have a H250IDL2 and the "Installation, Operation & Service Procedures" that came with it. There are two sets of codes in the manual. There is a Troubleshooting Chart with a list of codes including BD. Then a few pages later there is an Error Codes chart which includes the bD code. There is no code anywhere in the manual for bd (all lower case). In the manual it mentions the operating software as being Version 13 (written on top of the control board). I changed out my control board in February 2013. This new board has Version 15 written on top. I wonder if Hayward added additional error codes in the Version 15 software.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.