Replacing sand in filter

I just got my test kit, and for the salt test it says use sample tube # 9198 to the 10ML mark. I can’t locate tube # 9198

Did you purchase the salt kit - K1766? It does not come with the K2006C.

Your fc is way low and your cc is way high. You'll have to boost your fc up for a slam.

If I was you I would pop the top of your filter and deep clean the sand with a garden hose. You can be lazy and replace the sand with #20 sand. That should take care of and pressure problems that is your filters fault. Reassemble and rinse.

Then go to Walmart and buy some bleach, you need to slam.

After the slam, I would start to diagnose the pressure problems.

FC .5
CC 1.0
PH7.8
TA 50
CH 30

You need FC, but as you did not test CYA , do not know how much. Keep a minimum of 3 ppm FC if no CYA in water. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

If your CH is really 30, then you are dissolving your plaster pool. What is the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water? How much do you use fill water?
You need a minimum of 250ppm CH in the pool.

Need a test for CYA.

Take care.

Update

Hey every one and thanks for the help along the way.

Got all my levels pretty much in line except TA is a tad low but I’m working on it.... I will update you on what I have done

New salt generator-model Hayward T15 cell
New sand filter with Ball new sand etc.
no more sand in backwash etc so the seems to be great[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Questions now are I still have that small spot which forms( posted a picture of it on the thread) and I sweep it away daily, their are 2 small areas and it don’t spread etc....
I have the skimmer sucking good and catching preety much every thing. 1 night ago I decided to run pump about 15 hours a day to see if I can get it gone.... kind of stumped

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need FC, but as you did not test CYA , do not know how much. Keep a minimum of 3 ppm FC if no CYA in water. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

If your CH is really 30, then you are dissolving your plaster pool. What is the pH, TA, and CH of your fill water? How much do you use fill water?
You need a minimum of 250ppm CH in the pool.

Need a test for CYA.

Take care.

Hey pal. So I’m still getting one or 2 small spots???? Any sort of idea

The 1.5 hp SuperPump will hit about 90 gpm during a backwash. That's about 29 gpm per square foot of sand surface area.

Ideal flow is about 15 gpm per square foot of sand surface area.

So, your flow rate is almost double ideal.

It might be worthwhile replacing the impeller with a smaller size.

A SPX2607C or SPX2605C would work.

Also, get a k-1766 salt test kit.

Does the debris disappear when you try to net it out or can you net it out?

I think it needs a differant impeller maybe can u help me

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.