Hello! I'm a new pool owner and need some info.

Optic

Feb 18, 2018
Florida
Hey! I recently moved to a place with a pool, and we have a pool guy helping for now. However, I want to know what poles, skimmer nets, and vacuums are all compatible. I also want to know how to use a canister, does it come with another piece of tubing so it can work, or do I need to buy more?
What pole works with this net: https://www.amazon.com/Pool-Net-Lea...=1518963387&sr=8-11&keywords=skimmer+net&th=1
and what other accessories like vacuums will also work with its pole? And what tube should I buy for my vacuum? What canister will work with that tubing? Also, would it be better just to buy multiple poles? I also have a fiberglass pool, so what brush will work for it and what poles work with it?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Being so new, I'm sure have tons of questions. You've come to right place. Just be patient because some of this may seem new to you. I'll try to get you going with some key points:
- Like you, I have a FB pool. Generally we're advised to use a brush with nylon bristles as they are strong enough to clean the pool shell without damaging the gelcoat.
- Please update your signature with all of your pool info. You can go to "Settings" and update signature from there. You can see mine before as an example.
- The link you provided is a popular net that scoops well. I have something similar. As long as you have a pool pole, many of those nets are interchangeable, so just find something you like.
- For vacuuming, we'll help you more when we know the type of equipment you have. Also let us know if you have just a poolside skimmer or also have a main drain.
- Do you have a dedicated pool cleaner suction or pressure port, or will you be manually vacuuming?
- Lastly and most importantly .... how are you testing your water? That will be priority #1. If you say the pool store, please reconsider obtaining your own TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C. Those are the only two kits we recommend here for accurate home testing. It's not hard, and the rewards far outweigh putting it off.

Let's start with that and we'll all chip-in to help you. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.