Doheny Discovey Issue- Unit starts then stops immediately

Mar 8, 2017
Petaluma, CA
I am having an issue with my Doheny Discovery / Dolphin S200, which I wanted to see if anyone has experienced.

The unit is just less than a year old. Recently it stopped working properly. When started from the power supply, it will start forward 1-2' for about 5-10 seconds and then just stop. I did some troubleshooting:
-I just opened up the impeller looking for hair and debris, including removing the fan blade where it enters the metal shaft, all looked clear.
-Checked all side and bottom ports, those look clear.
-The basket is clean
-The tracks appear to be on properly and can be rotated by hand with the unit off, with what feels like normal resistance.
-I took the unit out of the water, unplugged the power supply for an extended period, and checked the cord for damage. All looked fine.

Anyone else experience this issue or have any other troubleshooting suggestions?

It has been a great cleaner so far, much better than the older generation Dolphins we had. It has a 2 year warranty, so I guess that is the next step in the process if I can't get it working.

Thanks!
Mike

There are other threads with similar symptoms. All Dolphins have a startup sequence and yours seems to be detecting an error and stopping. You checked all the obvious issues so it points to a possible motor issue. You can’t repair the motors, if they go bad they are simply swapped out with new ones. Start the warranty repair process, that’s your best bet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.