New member in Maryland

JoshR

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2018
Crownsville
Hi,

We purchased a foreclosure about 6 yrs ago that had a pool that hadn't been opened in quite some time. It is finally time for us to figure out what to do with it. ;) I've never owned a pool before but this looks like a great resource and I'm already sold on your chemical care method! I have a lot of questions about getting the pool back in shape which I will try to post in the correct place. Its a cement pool with cat-tail and many frogs. The frogs better watch out because we have 4 ducks that also enjoy the pool. I'm hoping to evict them all so the kids can use it.

So you have the whole eco system going on there. It is not the first one we have seen so rest easy knowing we can get that pond turned back into a pool!

The first thing you have to do is order a test kit. Look on my siggy below to find the one you need. You will also need the xl size since has been a while.

Kim:kim:

Josh,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your pool rescue questions... whether your town wears a 'Crown' or not... :shark:

Thanks for posting a great introduction.. looking forward to all your rehab questions..

Jim R.

Wow. You have kids *and an unused pool* for 6 years?!? My kids would have been nagging me non-stop to get it cleared out and working. Yours must be very young. :)

Can you show us pictures of this nature habitat? Before the frog eviction notice is sent? And keep showing us pics as you proceed. We love stories like this.

Maddie :flower:

Welcome! You should do a Renaissance themed pool. [emoji490]

Looking forward to watching your efforts.

Oh Wow! I had no idea how many people had responded. Already getting some helpful tips. I'm planning on posting a thread in the next couple of days probably in "under construction". We got a good start this weekend so stay tuned. I'll definitely need to find a nice picture of our ducks enjoying our little paradise.

Okay I started a thread in the "under construction" section last night. I didn't get very far but now that it is started I'll try to get some pictures of our progress put up soon.

Looking at the other reno threads it looks like I'm worse off, but I still feel hopeful. :)