Osric

Jan 29, 2018
Muskoka
CH: 260
TA: 120
pH: 7.4
SI: ~= 0.15
Bromine: 4ppm (3.825-4.05 ppm)

I believe the above parameters are balanced and good to go, and now I just have to tune my bromine setup to maintain ~2-4ppm or more while away from the tub.

Longer story: I drained and refilled my tub on January 27th, but did not at that time have time to balance the water. I adjusted CH using test trips to ~200ppm but that's as far as I got; and left it with enough bromine to last a week which is when I was supposed to return. I didn't actually return for 20 days; last night, I tested bromine with a taylor kit and got a value < 1/4ppm, but not zero. I shocked the spa, and after 4 hours the bromine level was still 20ppm. I used X-it to lower the bromine so that people could use the tub with the reading at 6ppm, though this may have been false as I haven't figured out what's in the shock I used (and if it's non-chlorine shock, the taylor kit indicates that it is not accurate for bromine while the shock is active). This morning I adjusted TA, tested pH, and added bromine granules to bring the bromine from 2ppm to 4ppm.

Criticism welcome. Validation that the test parameters I have now are good would also be very helpful.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.