Coldest temp you will swim in?

Amazing how that happens, huh?

Just like 60 degrees in spring feels wonderful, yet in the fall it is freezing!!

Maddie :flower:

That was true when I lived in NH, but as I'm now accustomed to FL (aka spoiled) if any body of water is below 80 at any time of the year it might as well be iced over because I'm not going anywhere near it. I don't even like reaching into my pool in the winter to test when it's under 80 lol

Our Houston area pool was also just finished this winter and so far we have only been able to look at it (and use the hot tub). Temp is at 68F (20C) now and today I finally broke it in and swam for a bit with the kids! It was definitely a bit rough getting in but once we were in it was fine.
While I certainly prefer it warmer, high 60s is okay as long as it's somewhat warm out and I stay active in the water. I think low 80s are ideal. Around 90 is too hot and no longer enjoyable (unless it's cold out). My wife, on the other hand, is the opposite and likes it real warm.
I have spent many years including my whole childhood swimming in lakes and the ocean that are not very warm (Great Lakes, northern Europe, mid-Atlantic, etc), so I guess I'm still accustomed to it somewhat.

Bathwater! I'll do high 80s but love anything in the 90s. Skin temp is 88+ so that is great as long as temp outside the pool is about the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me = 75
Daughter = 95

Hence, the solar heater install last year. She still didn't swim more than a couple times!

This morning it was 47, so I have a ways to go...

My pool never got above 82 last year and spent most of the summer in the 70's. It was a cold, rainy summer. Swam down to 72 though... with all the mowing from all the rain it was welcome to get in there and rinse off.

90's would feel like a bath.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.