Coldest temp you will swim in?

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
Our pool was finished in Dec. But even in Houston, it was too cold to swim. We are now breaking out of our strangely cold winter. Pool temp is up 67*. I stepped in today, all the way up to the knee, and while it was cold, it was tempted to swim.

So, what is the minimum temp you will jump in the pool and swim in?

s,

I like 82 to 84, but will go in at 80... I find it interesting that I like my air temp in the house to be 72 but need the pool to be 82 and sunny.. :confused: If not sunny, even 82 is cold to me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

76 degrees. I don't know how people swim in places like Australia where the water is always in the 20s or 30s.

Yeah.. you'd think it would be to 'thick' to swim in... :cool:

Jim R.

76 degrees. I don't know how people swim in places like Australia where the water is always in the 20s or 30s.
We bring along an axe and machete to clear the solid water in front of us.

- - - Updated - - -

And Australia is down under, so how does the water stay in the pool?
Chelates

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I was a young lad in NH we all used to go swimming in Hampton beach which in peak summer was still usually in the 60's. Now as a long time FL resident I might (when desperate take a quick dip in the lower 80's) but usually it must be 85 or above. Today it was 90 and that was perfect!

When I was a young lad in NH we all used to go swimming in Hampton beach which in peak summer was still usually in the 60's. Now as a long time FL resident I might (when desperate take a quick dip in the lower 80's) but usually it must be 85 or above. Today it was 90 and that was perfect!

Amazing how that happens, huh?

Just like 60 degrees in spring feels wonderful, yet in the fall it is freezing!!

Maddie :flower:

It depends on the air temp. The hotter it is outside the colder the water can be. My pool is about 78 right now with air temps in low 80s. The air would need to be in the 90s for me to swim right now,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.