Need help with GFCI Tripping Last efforts (Help)

Feb 15, 2018
Olympia
I have an Artesian (South Seas Spa 746L) tub that was working great. We moved it and now it is tripping the GFCI. Balboa Board MVS504SZR1B

Tub is currently tripping the GFCI. The GFCI was checked and is good.

Disconnected tub and turned power on at GFCI and it did not trip. GFCI only trips with tub wired.

Checked for fault from all wires to each other and no fault.

Disconnected heater (OHM checks okay) and turned power on with heater disconnected and it would still trip GFCI

Disconnected ozonator still trips.

Disconnected primary pump still trips

Disconnected secondary pump still trips.

I OHM checked the board and there is Zero ohms from Red to Neutral but 34 Ohms from Black to Neutral. Is the board faulty?

Since you've disconnected all the major current drawing equipment, and it still tripped, it sounds like the board is leaking current causing the GFCI to trip.

Did you disconnect the equipment at the equipment end or at the control end? If at the equipment end, then I'd go disconnect it at the control end one piece at a time and see if it still trips the GFCI. You could have a short internally in the wiring from the controller to the equipment.

If that's not the problem, I would start at the board and disconnect it from the power and see if it trips. If it doesn't then that's pretty much the problem.

S,

When the spa was moved, what new wiring was required? Did you install a new Circuit breaker box and a new whip (wiring) or is it all the old material??

Was the spa being run off of 120 VAC before it was moved?

Is there a jumper between J33 and J29?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.