Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Price Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Price Calculator

Is the chlorine price calculator no longer supported? I can't get the website to load and "down for everyone" says the same. Thanks!!

http://poncatechsquad.com/dan/calc/chlorine/

Is poncatechsquad.com down?

~ 18.5' x 36.5' inground Grecian pool with vinyl liner
    ~ approximately 23,000 gallons
    ~ AquaRite Salt Water Generator cell size t-9
    ~ 1.5 HP Hayward Pump and Hayward Sand Filter
    ~ TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Price Calculator

Appears the link is broken.

The TFP app has a Bleach Price Calculator in it. Get the App!
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by appstategrad View Post
    Is the chlorine price calculator no longer supported?
    While this calculator was created by a member, it was never really a TFP product to support or not support.

The TFP App has a calculator
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mknauss View Post
    Appears the link is broken.

The TFP app has a Bleach Price Calculator in it. Get the App!
    Thanks, I did not realize this was an option. I emailed to ask if the same feature could be added to the app that was on the link above (I realize that site wasn't a TFP website) but the layout definitely helped me know whether the price per oz was excellent, great, good, ok, poor, or terrible. In the meantime, does anyone remember what the ranges were to determine whether it was a great price vs. a poor price?

~ TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I wanna say right around .25 Per ounce was a good price. I’m still looking into taking recent data and figuring this out with TFP users feedback. Hopefully this can get added in the future.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    I wanna say right around .25 Per ounce was a good price. I’m still looking into taking recent data and figuring this out with TFP users feedback. Hopefully this can get added in the future.
    Thank you, I appreciate the quick response to my email! That was one of those emails I never expected to get a response to, so that made it even better!

I was able to get the link to the calculator website to come back last night, so maybe it was just down for a short time, but I didn't delete the TFP app and I look forward to using it when I open the pool. Thank you!

~ TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I've been quickly looking at some of the numbers TFP users have reported in various threads and am now starting to track them in a new Spreadsheet. I can say so far the prices members are reporting as "good" in their area's are MUCH lower than what's listed as good on that site.

8. Back To Top    #8

Lee,

Thanks for the great app. I bought it almost as soon as it came out and I've been using it to log all my testing. it works flawlessly and I can easily go back to see what I've done over recent history. Plus it's easy to backup on my cloud.

I never have used the bleach price feature before today and I'm having difficulty with it. Can you explain how I enter my info and what this feature does? I try to enter my data but I don't see any result. I get 2.5 gal containers refilled at Leslie's and the cost is $6.98 for 2 containers. No matter how I enter this data the feature nothing seems to happen.

Thanks.

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by setsailsoon View Post
    Lee,

Thanks for the great app. I bought it almost as soon as it came out and I've been using it to log all my testing. it works flawlessly and I can easily go back to see what I've done over recent history. Plus it's easy to backup on my cloud.

I never have used the bleach price feature before today and I'm having difficulty with it. Can you explain how I enter my info and what this feature does? I try to enter my data but I don't see any result. I get 2.5 gal containers refilled at Leslie's and the cost is $6.98 for 2 containers. No matter how I enter this data the feature nothing seems to happen.

Thanks.

Chris
    I did 1 container (calculated total oz) and used 10% chlorine. I came up with .218/oz. Did you hit enter after you did your chlorine %?

How did you try your data?
    ~ TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

That solved it... operator error as usual, thanks! I couldn't figure out where to enter the right info. Now I put it in and got $.104/oz... same as I get for the manual calculation.

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

11. Back To Top    #11

Anddddd that’s a good price from what I’m seeing if purchased in carboys.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by setsailsoon View Post
    That solved it... operator error as usual, thanks! I couldn't figure out where to enter the right info. Now I put it in and got $.104/oz... same as I get for the manual calculation.

Chris
    You're welcome! Glad it worked for you!

~ TF-100 test kit