Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pool - What type of cleaner? Robotic or Pressure Side?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: New Pool - What type of cleaner? Robotic or Pressure Side?

Thanks again for the replies. It sounds like a robotic cleaner is definitely the route I should go. I think the consensus is that I should see if the builder will remove the cleaner altogether if he can’t include a Dolphin and confirm that there is a suction side port for the vacuum.

I guess another option is to see what he will include and then sell it to fund buying a Dolphin on my own.

2. Back To Top    #22

Quote Originally Posted by Captchaos View Post

I guess another option is to see what he will include and then sell it to fund buying a Dolphin on my own.
    You won’t get anywhere near what he’s charging you for it and he’s making a little bit of profit on it so it’s best just to strike it from the contract and get the credit.

Do get the dedicated vacuum line though, it makes manual vacuuming a cinch.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #23

Good point. The upgrade charge from a single speed to a variable speed pump was quoted as $1200 so I am guessing the credit will be small if I decide to have him remove it. I found the single speed pump online for about $550 and the variable speed pump for $955.

I am purely speculating though, maybe the credit will be enough to fund a Dolphin.

4. Back To Top    #24

Dolphins run $800-$1600 depending on the model and features you get. Your credit for the cleaner will likely be $200-300. Yes, PB’s markup pumps, filters, etc, with very big margins. You can buy equipment online yourself for cheaper BUT you’d lose all warranty and installation from the PB. So it’s a bit of a bitter pill - you suck up the extra costs because the PB will do the install and get you the full warranty.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #25

Thanks. I’ll see what he offers if we remove it. For $200-300, I would probably just keep it in and buy a robotic cleaner myself.

He did mention that there may be a credit for swapping to a robotic cleaner as well do maybe it will wind up working out well for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12