Looking for 110V heater for Intex 14X42 pool

mikepier

Mar 1, 2016
Wantagh, NY
Can anyone recommend a good 110V heater for my Intex 14X42 pool. It is only 3,300 gallons, and unfortunately I do not have 220 service by my pool, nor do I have gas. I only have a 20A 110V circuit by my pool.
Intex did make a small 110V heater few years ago, but they do not make them anymore other than I think for the UK which is 220V.
I have seen a few Spa heaters online, but not sure if they would work well with a pool.

Physics says a 120V heater will only give you about a 0.2 degree F per hour temperature rise, and that doesn't include the heat loss from the surface and sides. Probably not worth the expense and effort. A solar blanket will do a much better job at keeping the pool warm if you don't already use one. I'd look into solar panels if you have the unshaded space.

John is right with the power you have available an electric heater won't work for your pool. Along with a solar cover have you considered a solar panels for heat? Something like THIS would be big enough to get your pool warmer.

OK thanks. My dilemma is where my pool is now gets sun from 11:00AM- 5PM at peak ( Jun 21st).
I have a split level house, so the pool is behind the higher peak, blocks out more of the sun. Plus the pool is adjacent to a few tall trees that seem to grow more every year, robs of sunlight early in the day
If I could move it to behind the part of my house with the lower roof peak, it would get a lot more sun, but that part is grass, and i would kill it. Right now it is on top of a concrete slab with mats that has been working out great ever year, with the exception of the lack of sun.

I'll look into the solar panels if I decide to keep it where it is.

I've had various Intex pools over the years, and the solar blanket will do more than anything to keep it warm, even if it's not in direct sun. The evaporation from the water's surface is a large factor in heat loss overnight, and the blanket cuts that way down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.