Phoenix CYA levels

Ok, wow, Joyful you nailed it. We had a ton of algae back in October. Pool guy cleared it up. BUT there was that brown stuff on the bottom of the pool. So I thought it was just dirt! WRONG.... I SLAMed it last night. The brown stuff is gone!! Im really happy! Thank you guys so much. .........
A SLAM is not a one time thing...... it is a process that is maintained until you meet all three criteria to end the SLAM.

Has your pool met all three criteria?

I would not add CYA until it does.

Dom,

yes, I knew the SLAM was not an overnight process. The pool was crystal clear, overnight chlorine loss was at 1ppm and CC is at .5. So, I would normally say that im good to go and leave it at that....

However!!! there is still a little brown stuff when i sweep, looks like the algae, so I dont think its all gone. So im going to run the SLAM for a few more days and then adjust the rest of the chemistry.

Thanks to everybody here for the help!

If there was still algae in the pool, dead or alive, the water is not truly clear. That, coupled with an OCLT and CC level that was at the limit to pass, if this were my pool I would have held SLAM conditions for another 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.