Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix CYA levels

1. Back To Top    #21

TFP Guide

Re: Phoenix CYA levels

Quote Originally Posted by 2BigLabs View Post
    Ok, wow, Joyful you nailed it. We had a ton of algae back in October. Pool guy cleared it up. BUT there was that brown stuff on the bottom of the pool. So I thought it was just dirt! WRONG.... I SLAMed it last night. The brown stuff is gone!! Im really happy! Thank you guys so much. .........
    A SLAM is not a one time thing...... it is a process that is maintained until you meet all three criteria to end the SLAM.

Has your pool met all three criteria?

I would not add CYA until it does.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #22

Dom,

yes, I knew the SLAM was not an overnight process. The pool was crystal clear, overnight chlorine loss was at 1ppm and CC is at .5. So, I would normally say that im good to go and leave it at that....

However!!! there is still a little brown stuff when i sweep, looks like the algae, so I dont think its all gone. So im going to run the SLAM for a few more days and then adjust the rest of the chemistry.

Thanks to everybody here for the help!
    12,700 Gallon in ground Plaster pool. Chem: Liquid Chlorine, Baking soda and Borax. Pentair Intelliflow and sand filter. Pentair whisperflow in floor cleaning system. TF-100 w/speedstir. Pool is in the sun almost all day. Water was changed fall 2017.

3. Back To Top    #23

TFP Guide

If there was still algae in the pool, dead or alive, the water is not truly clear. That, coupled with an OCLT and CC level that was at the limit to pass, if this were my pool I would have held SLAM conditions for another 24 hours.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12