Baja hot tub broken - please help!

Feb 13, 2018
Eagle
Soooo I'm having a bit of a problemo getting my tub to stay on (see videos). The tub was 5+ years used when I got it last winter and heated water 2 degrees per hour just fine.

This season: Like an idiot when I turned it back on I closed the valves and ran the tub for two days. After getting sensor errors I opened the valves and receive the first video. Now the tub attempts to run, but cycles (turns off and back on) within 1/10th a second and sometimes intermittently runs for ~3 seconds (see the sound from control board video).

HELP!!! My small town hot tub guy can't fix it, so I'm stuck! Is my pump going bad? If so I'm having a hard time finding a comparable model voltage, waterway, and shape wise. Any recommendations for the cheapest thing out there that will last?

videos:
1. power cutoff after 1+ hour of being on: Baja - cutoff after leaving on for over 10 minutes.mp4 - Google Диск
2. control board (while running): Baja control board - Google Диск

SPECS

tub: Baja Sport tub. seats 4. 5+ years old (believe it's a ~2010ish model?)
control board (right above heater)...
-Make:Baja
-Product: HT-600
-model: Z0BKRBL - 0300LEX
-Serial: 980518
-Code: BAJ01-4022-30
-Volts: 120 240
-Amps: 12 32
-Hz: 60

pump...
-Brand: Gecko Depot
-Model: Flo Master...02115000-1
-WO: 239193...
-HP: 1.5
-Volts: 115
Hz: 60
Spd: 2

Let me know what you think!

ak,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your Spa and Hot Tub questions, even if you are ashamed of the State were you live... :shark:

I have no idea what is wrong with your Hot Tub, but have moved your post to the Spa/Hot Tub section so that it will get viewed by the right people..

I would not think that the Main board itself is making the noise you hear.. it sounds more like an air pressure or vacuum line noise. I would have to assume that when the pump turns on, it is supposed to close a pressure or vacuum switch, which is either leaking or not being closed. This in turn shuts off the pump and it just keeps trying to cycle.

I suggest you take a picture of the pump, from a little further back, showing any associated valves or pressure switches. This might give one of our members some idea of were to point you...

It may be that you have an air lock of some type... When you filled up the tub, did you just throw a hose over the side, or did you fill it by removing the filter and putting the hose in the bottom of the filter area??

Let's see if we can get one of our Hot Tub experts to chime in...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.