Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 - Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 - Vegas

Ok so when I bought my equipment I was talked out of getting and using a SWG. Almost everyone I have talked to said that after 2-3 years it’s a pain in the rear. So because I don’t know what I don’t know, is that a wise choice...?
    34'x21' = 22,325 Gallon OB (in progress) pool. Pentair - VSF x2, 400K heater, 6 Glow brights, 2 LED Bubblers, Easy touch 8 w/Screen Logic, Blower for spa, and a 4 wheel "The Pool Cleaner"
    7x7 Spa with 12 jets and 9'x9' seating area with 6 jets. Baja Shelf with LED blowers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 - Vegas

cj,

Well.. yes, and absolutely no...

It was good that you did not get the IC40 which would work, but is really too small for your pool. We always recommend getting a cell that is at least 2 x bigger than your pool volume.. This is because cells are rated when running 24/7...

And no, because salt pools are the easiest to maintain...

I don't plan on building another pool, but if I did, it would never, ever be a non-saltwater pool..

Any feedback on why "after 2-3 years" saltwater pools suddenly turn into the devil???

The biggest problem with saltwater pools is that many people think that you no longer need to regularly test and maintain the right chemical balance... Just because the salt cell is adding chlorine does not mean that the owner does not have to do normal chemical testing and adjustments...

Go salt and you will never go back..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Go salt and you will never go back..
    I agree there --- and with getting the biggest SWCG you can due to our climate.

Mine makes my life sooooo much easier.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by mknauss View Post
    I agree there --- and with getting the biggest SWCG you can due to our climate.

Mine makes my life sooooo much easier.
    So get a IC60 if I go that route?

34'x21' = 22,325 Gallon OB (in progress) pool. Pentair - VSF x2, 400K heater, 6 Glow brights, 2 LED Bubblers, Easy touch 8 w/Screen Logic, Blower for spa, and a 4 wheel "The Pool Cleaner"
    7x7 Spa with 12 jets and 9'x9' seating area with 6 jets. Baja Shelf with LED blowers.

5. Back To Top    #5

You don't list your equipment or if you have automation in your signature but yes, I would get the IC60 if you need Pentair. Or Circupool 60K rated if you do not have automation.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty