Heatpump connection question

SuperMiguel

Nov 26, 2017
Florida
Hello all i just got a heatpump (hayward 140k btu) and want to install it my self (im electrician just not familiar with heatpumps), so the manual only shows electrical connections to the heatpump, in my case 220v. My question is shouldnt there be a connection between my pump and the heatpump for the heatpump to know when the pump is running or not running? My pump is on a 8h timer, what happens after the 8h are over and the heatpump is turned on? I know that when it detects low/no flow it turns off, is this the way it is meant to run?

Turn the heat pump on. Follow the instructions on how to set up the controls. Set the desired temp you want your pool. let your pool pump turn on and off on the timer and walk away. The heat pump will run when ever the pump is running and the water is below the temp you set it for.

A few thoughts to get the most out of your heat pump. Use a solar cover as much as possible. If you aren't swimming slap that cover on (this is actually true for any heater not just a heat pump). Time your pool pump to only run during the warmest part of the day, for me that about 10am-7pm. Heat pumps work most efficiently when the air is warm. Also running your pump when the air is cold will cause your pool to loose heat faster.

Enjoy the warm water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.